VicRoads Wodonga–Hume Freeway Planning Study

Consultation closed on Friday, November 24, 2017


The Victorian Government is investigating options to improve safety and traffic flow around the Hume Freeway between the Murray Valley Highway and the Victorian and New South Wales border.

The Wodonga-Hume Freeway Planning Study is looking at a 16-kilometre section of the Hume Freeway. It will identify potential solutions to enable better access for freight vehicles and improve road safety and congestion.

The study will focus on a corridor of sites along the freeway. Community and industry can have their say on possible solutions at a VicRoads Community Session or online via Wodonga Council’s website.

The closing date for feedback is midnight on Friday 24 November 2017. Feedback received will be used to help shape potential improvement options.

These consultations will inform the business case being developed by VicRoads as it seeks appropriate funding.

Possible road infrastructure improvements are not currently funded; however, they will be considered as future funding opportunities arise in the state-wide budget and planning process.

Online submissions

Submissions can be made online (using the online form below), by e-mail or post.

We welcome any comments you may have about any or all the access points.  To help guide your responses, view the maps of each intersection in the Document Library on this page.

Written submissions must be clearly marked as ‘Wodonga–Hume Freeway Planning Study ’ and will be received up until Friday, November 24, 2017. They can be sent by:


  •  - 

Privacy statement

Personal and or health information collected by council is used for municipal purposes as specified in the LocalGovernment Act 1989. The personal and or health information will be used solely by Council for these purposesand or directly related purposes. The council may disclose this information to other organisations if required bylegislation. The applicant understands that the personal and or health information provided is for the abovepurpose and that he or she may apply to council for access to and/or amendment of the information. Requestsfor access and or correction should be made to council’s privacy officer.